My Birthday

Thursday, February 9, 2006

God is in Everything


Can you tell what this was? I was a 14 X 80 North River mobile home and it was sitting in the middle of 40 acres of mostly pasture land. At about 2: 30 in the morning of Mar 15, 2001 an F-3 (combination wind speed and movement) hit us. There was no bad weather around just a little thunderstorm. Our home was the first that it hit. Then it went on the strike some more. Sadly one man died in this tornado. I must share this: When I opened my eyes at the hospital (I had a broken shoulder**you see we were in it) there was a lady whom I had met about a week before. Her husband is a pastor. She asked me if I knew what time it happened. I did because we heard some strange sounds (not a train) and we got out of bed and went to the living room. I saw that is was 2:30 am. She told me that she awoke around that time with Jerry and I on her heart and she knew she had to pray. She had no idea why, she just knew she had to. Now I don't care what anyone thinks. I know that prayer is why we are here to tell about it and we have.

The strangest thing is that when I was in the air and could only hear the horrendous wind I had a peace that defied understanding. I had no idea if I was going to live through this and I was very ready to go be with my Lord. But He had other plans. When I came to on the ground all I could smell was pine. A branch was on me and the smell was very strong. We walked barefoot about 150 yards to my uncle's house and it felt like I was on a bed of soft pine. Jerry walked 1/4 mile in his bare feet to get help over barbed wire and debris and never cut his feet. He had a broken clavicle and we were both banged up quite a bit. But God was in total control.

This turned into a blessing because we were able to move back to Jackson Co. where we are now and in a brick house. God is always good no matter what we go through. And He does bring you the peace that passes all understanding. We give Him all praise, honor and glory.

2 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Diane, great testimony and yes, God is always in control. Glad to hear He not only brought you through your circumstances but gave you better than you had before.

Deb said...

How awesome!!!! Isn't God good?!

Followers

Powered By Blogger